Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Chicken was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. “This is the easiest chicken recipe I have! My kids love the chicken tacos we make with this. Leftovers are good heated or cold. I have even frozen half the recipe for use a couple week later.” Make this delicious Tex-Mex chicken to serve with hard taco shells or tortillas and your favorite toppings like cheese, sour cream, salsa and olives.
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 oz) green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (15 oz) mexicorn or canned corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) red beans, rinsed and drained
- Layer ingredients in a crock pot in the order given. Empty one packet of taco seasoning directly onto the chicken and add the second packet after all the remaining ingredients have been added.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Stir, shredding chicken as you mix ingredients.