It was such a blessing spending time in April with our family in Arizona. My sweet cousin, Erin Fox made this amazing salad about five times (cuz I begged) for us and it’s the best pasta salad ever! This recipe is her own creation and it’s healthy and light and perfect for your family or potluck dinner.
Ingredients you need:
- 1 bag of Penne Pasta
- Corn on the cob
- Turkey bacon
- 2-3 small tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 bag of arugula
- light mayonnaise
- sugar, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil
- Cook penne pasta, rinse in cold water, and cool
- Cut corn from cob and keep fresh (don’t cook)
- Crispy fry bacon and cut into small pieces after cool
- Slice small tomatoes in half, or smaller if needed
- Dice the onion into small pieces, probably only need 1/4 to 1/2 of the onion. (smaller than the other ingredients, so one piece isn’t too overwhelming)
In a separate container (I use a two cup liquid measuring cup) whisk together: 1/2 cup squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, mayo until creamy (prob a 1/2 cup), a little sugar (maybe half a tablespoon), salt and pepper to taste. I usually dip a cooked noodle in dressing to make sure my proportions are right.
Mix all ingredients together (including bag of arugula – I can’t remember if I use a full bag or less) a little at a time so you can manage proportions. Make sure dressing is whisked before adding to pasta, or it won’t coat even. That’s it! Just taste and add whatever else is needed.